- What’s your name and where are you from?
My name is Valeria Karra but my artist name is “V. Karra.” I was born in Chişinău (Kishinev), Republic of Moldova, Europe. Today I currently reside in my native city.
- When did you know you wanted to be an artist?
I knew that I wanted to be an artist since I was a little girl. According to my mother, I could draw before I could talk. My mom did two important things that were very helpful for developing my talent: she let me take art classes outside of school; and she bought me all of the art supplies that I wanted. By taking a class, I had the opportunity to see how other students dealt with the same assignment and art materials opened my eyes to an incredible range of artistic approaches. I’m thankful for this experience because it allowed me to able to live out my dreams and see the artist in me.
- Are you a full time artist or are you involved with other creative jobs?
I am not a full time Artist. I graduated from The University with a degree in Arts (I graduated two Universities and I have two specialties: 1. Fashion designer; 2. Graphic designer and publishing) and I am currently working as a Creative director at a small Consulting company. When I am not creative director, I am an Artist and fashion designer. I love to draw fashion and I love to create fashion for me, my family and friends.
- What has been the most rewarded achievement for you as being an artist?
I am just starting my artist’s ways as a fashion illustrator, but the most rewarding achievement (at present) will be soon J. Some of my images have been chosen to be included in The Alchemist Magazine Issue 7 – Beauty Illustration Contest. Also I am very happy that Brittany Brousseau liked my illustration (portrait of Brittany Brousseau) in Instagram. This inspired me to make new artworks.
- What message do you want to give out to the world with your artwork?
Be creative! Be yourself! My art is a two-dimensional projection of the four-dimensional soul. I’d like for my art to be the catalyst for the “new wave” of inspiration and ideas.
- Do you have any advice for someone who wants to be in your shoes?
Stay out of my shoes. lol Seriously! Create your own lane, whatever that might be and make your own rules. A custom shoe will always fit better…
* You guys can find more of Valeria’s artwork on her Instagram page @valeria_karra and follow her on Pinterest.com/valeriakarra